Thursday, May 22, 2008

A first and a foal!

Well, our Jane has had something of an eventful week, so we asked her to tell us all about it...

"I’ve decided that I wanted to take my three-year-old, Storm, out this summer to a few In Hand shows, to get him accustomed to going out and about in the ‘big bad world’.

"Our season kicked off at the Plumpton College annual Horse Show at the weekend (17th & 18th May) where I entered him into the Open Youngstock 1, 2 & 3 Yr Olds class. There were quite a few entries and I am pleased to say that he behaved beautifully and won the class!

"Needless to say I was very happy with him and I’m hoping it is a sign of good things to come. He is entered in the BSPA Youngstock Championship Qualifier at Heathfield Show on 24th May – fingers crossed!"

"My week then got even better on Monday night (19th May) when my coloured mare finally decided to have her baby, who was five days overdue. The birth went perfectly and mum and baby are both 100% healthy.

"The sire is a young warmblood stallion from Brendon Stud, and I was excited to see what the cross would produce. The foal turned out to be a gorgeous bay colt – he is huge and very forward thinking, being up on his feet and drinking within 30 minutes of his birth.

"I had secretly been hoping for a coloured filly, but he is the spitting image of his dad and I could not be any happier with him (and his mum is certainly besotted). All I have to do now is think of a good name for him – any ideas are welcome!"

If you've got an idea for a name that you think would be perfect for Jane's new addition, just click on the envelope and tell us your suggestion.

No comments: