Tuesday, November 04, 2008

British Eventing - International Rider joins BE Board

Media Release

International event rider joins BE Board

British Eventing (BE) today announced that international event rider Nigel Taylor (49) will represent the interests of riders on the BE Board.
Nigel runs a string of successful event horses from his yard at Aston-le Walls, Northamptonshire, from where his wife Ann and daughter Grace also compete.
Nigel earned his British union jack flag riding on senior teams in the 1990’s, including competing at the World Equestrian Games at Pratoni del Vivaro on one of his favorite horses, The Frenchman II. Nigel has consistently competed at four star level, and first entered Badminton Horse Trials when he was just 22.

“I am keen to get started in the role and I look forward to representing rider’s interests at all levels of the sport,” says Nigel. “Firstly I shall be looking at ways of improving the standard of the going at events, and I shall also keep a close eye on the cost of entry fees, as it is a difficult time for all competitors keeping and running horses. I shall also look at what competitors should expect to get in return for their money.
“I am in a rather unique position in that my family all compete at different levels, so for example, I know what standard of course I would expect to see my daughter ride around at Intro and Pre Novice level, and in the same way what I would like to see at a 4* event.”
British Eventing Chairman, Alex Fox says: “We are delighted to welcome Nigel to the BE Board. Nigel is a renowned eventer who is well-respected amongst riders.
“As well as competing, Nigel has put his vast knowledge and professionalism back into the sport by teaching event riders of the future. He has also helped to further the growth and appeal of eventing by holding the very popular Grassroots Festival at Aston.
“We know Nigel will work tirelessly on behalf or riders to ensure their voice is heard and that their concerns are raised and fully represented on the Board.”

Nigel has a very successful eventing family. His wife Ann rode in the Seoul Olympic Games for Team USA, and his sister Ann-Marie is also an international rider