Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wow this weather is fantastic, though the ground is a bit firm to play on and the flies are already annoying. At least I can now be turned out daily, catch a few rays, chill with my mates and eat to my hearts content!

What have you guys been up to? I attended my first sponsored ride this weekend. I think we set off around midday and it was scorching, I was already sweating before I had even got off the lorry. There was a huge turnout, it was very well organised and loads of different terrain and jumps. I went with my stable buddy quite early on we had a deep pond type thing to go through. Well my mate was in front and didn't want to get her hooves wet so I simply pushed her up the backside. It was lovely and cooling. It was my 3rd time over solid fences so I was a bit unsure of them at first but after a while I was loving it. My favourite has to be steps and water. I am not keen on ditches or drop fences, though I did jump them after lots of messing around. My rider just kept riding me quietly but forward and I had to give up.

Did you see the Grand National, those fences are massive. I think I will stick to what I know best and not ask to have my name put down for next year.

I believe some of the horsemart team will be attending the first ever horse show at leeds castle this looks like a fun packed weekend. I have been told that I will be attending my first ever ODE that weekend. I have to be honest and say I am quite terrified, that is a long way.

Some of the horsemart team have also just bought some new horses so may be you will see them out and about more at the local shows?

Hope you all have a good one, please keep me updated