Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Horsemart catches up with a local owner whose horse won SEIB search for a star Riding horse at HOYS 2008



I caught up with a delighted crowd outside the Caldene arena.

Susan Collins, Rider Imogen Yates wins Search for a Star Riding Horse on Tristan H. The horse is stabled up the road from Horsemart in Horley, Surrey

HM – How long have you owned Tristan H?
SC - I have owned him for 3and a half years.

HM - Where did you get him from?
SC - I bought him from a dealer in Northamptonshire as a 4yr old. I just saw something special and that was that.

HM - Has this been your plan from the start to show?
SC - No, I do dressage, which is my first love. I have shown before and it was always my dream to be able to do both.

HM - Tell us about him?
SC - He was really sharp as a youngster but I have built a great relationship with him and we have all clicked. He is a fantastic all rounder I absolutely adore him.

HM - How did you all meet?
SC – Imogen and I met at yard where we are both DIY. We had same standards and became friends! Imogen suggested that we have a go at Search for a Star – I said ‘feel free to have a go, she did and won first on her first attempt, so I have now offered her the ride.

HM - Do you do all the training?
SC - I do all the producing and training at home and I train with Andrew Gould.
I have a great team behind me, I would like to thank my farrier Ricky Gache, physiotherapist Liz Hadland and Ifield Park our local tack shop and feed merchants.

HM – So what’s next for you all?
SC - County level here we come.