Tuesday, October 21, 2008

horsemart interviews Tim Stockdale at HOYS 2008

HM – How’s the show going for you?
TS – Good, it has a nice feel about it that’s for sure. There’s a lot of people here too, which is great.

HM – How many horses do you have with you today?
TS – A total five horses over all.

HM – How are they performing?
TS – They are all going well, I haven’t won one yet but lots of placings. We are doing alright.

HM – Are you doing the Puissance?
TS – Yes I am but I don’t have a good chance as I am on a fresh ride. He has only jumped 190 before and I will need to jump about 220 for that. We are not in it to win it this time, but having said that, you can’t win it unless you’re in it!

HM – How many classes are you doing here this week?
TS - We are in all the International classes. I’m jumping every day, including the leading jumper of the year.

HM – How does the logistics work with so many horses here?
TS – All the International horses came on one lorry as they all have to stay here, that wagon stays on site. Then another lorry came to bring the National horses and the Puissance horse. That one can just come and go each day.

HM – The grooms work so hard don’t they?
TS – Absolutely! Grooms are so important! Couldn’t do it without them.

HM – Where do you stay?
TS – This is a great show for me as I can come in the car! I’m close to home; I stay in a lot of hotels so this is really nice for me.

Good luck Tim we hope you get a win!